How Does a Nectar Collector Work and What Is It?
You may practically sip the nectar of the gods (we're talking about dabs, of course).
Like a highly-evolved stoner hummingbird by employing one of the most inventive, singular, and portable dab rigs known to man:
Whatever you want to name it, its vertical and portable design can send you bonkers (in a good way).
By physically heating, dipping, and sipping your extract.
A dab straw enables you to get some of the most delicious vapor out of your shatter, wax, or any other sort of concentrate.
Just like this 10" Pulsar Quartz Dab Vapor Straw.
A nectar collector is what?
Nectar collectors, also known as dab and honey straws, are portable vertical dab rigs with a tube-like form that are simple to take apart when not in use.
The Honey Dabber 2 Honey Straw this can be used to dab many kinds of concentrates. Some of a nectar collector's essential parts are listed below:
- Mouthpiece: A flared-top mouthpiece made of glass or silicone that resembles a straw. You can suck on dab vapor using it as a straw.
- Tip: A nectar collector's tip (often 10mm or 14mm in size), made of titanium, quartz, or ceramic, is heated and put directly to the concentrate.
- Container for concentrates: A silicone or food-grade glass dish used to hold the dab.
- Water chamber: A percolator built into the body of the device that filters dab vapor using water.
The electric dab straw employs an atomizer to instantly heat up the concentrates instead of using a flame.
To warm the tip of a quartz nectar collector, just like the Dabtech Daborizer Electric Nectar Collector
How does a nectar gatherer function?
You won't have any issue learning the ins and outs of using a nectar collector for wax if you are comfortable with dabbing from a conventional dab rig.
But for those who have never used a nectar collector before, here's how it functions and how to use it without losing drops or scorching your fingertips.
A nectar collector requires you to warm the tip of the device and gently apply it to the concentrate in your glass dish.
Rather than putting a tiny dab of extract into your glass dab nail.
As long as the container is food quality, you are welcome to use it.
Here is a guide that will show you exactly how to utilize a dab straw:
- Water should be poured into the nectar collector's body.
- Heat the tip of the nectar collector with your blowtorch. The tough part is right here. It should be heated for 40 to 50 seconds. The length of time it takes to heat something up depends on the torch's power, the tip's quality, and the temperature you want it to heat to.
- After heating, give the tip 15 to 30 seconds to cool. To get the tip within a specific temperature range and prevent burning or underheating your dabs, feel free to utilize an infrared temperature gun.
- When it reaches the temperature you like, put your mouth around the glass or silicone straw mouthpiece and take a calm, deep breath while lightly touching the tip of the straw to the concentrates in the dish.
- As the vapor develops, take a breath and then take the dab straw out of the dish.
Which concentration varieties can be ingested using a nectar collector?
A water nectar collection, like the majority of dab rigs, only functions with concentrates and not loose leaf cannabis.
Nectar collectors are adaptable dab equipment that let you use almost any concentration on the market, including but not restricted to:
- Real resin
What advantages do nectar collector dabs offer?
A nectar collector or dab collector has various advantages over a standard dab setup.
Even while you won't want to replace your at-home rig, buying a nectar collector can expand your options for dabbing.
A nectar collector has the following advantages:
- Affordable: A nectar collection can be significantly less expensive than huge dab rig setups. For those on a tight budget or new users searching for a simple way to get high, nectar collectors are ideal.
- Portable: Nectar collectors come in a lightweight, travel-friendly size that can be quickly dismantled and stored in your bag, purse, or carry-on luggage, whether you prefer to keep your rig at home owing to its enormous size or don't want to risk breaking it while on the go. The tip, body, and mouthpiece should be separated, then placed in a secure location where they won't be crushed.
- Efficient: The no-waste mode of drinking is one of dab straws' main selling advantages. You can just dip and dab with a nectar collector rather than wasting oil by having it burn or pool in the corner of a dab nail.
- Simple to use: Unlike a dab rig, a nectar collector does not require loading of dab. The collector only has to be put together, heated, dipped, and drunk. There's no need to perform a lengthy ritual when you may dab wherever you are.
Keeping a nectar collector clean
A nectar collector's ease of cleaning is a major benefit, and it's simple to learn how to do it. The following things are all you require:
- 91 percent or more isopropyl alcohol
- Resealable plastic bag
- Granular salt
- Hot or warm water
Once you have those things, it's time to make sure your dab straw is as clean as a whistle. Here is how to accomplish it:
- Disassemble the nectar collector's mouthpiece, tip, and body. Remove the tip first, then blow into the mouthpiece to get the water out.
- To prevent scratching your silicone or quartz nectar collector, wipe away any resin that has caked on using a cotton swab or another soft substance.
- Place your collector's tip, mouthpiece, and body in different resealable plastic bags, and then pour enough isopropyl alcohol to completely submerge them.Add salt and alcohol in a 2:1 ratio. Make sure the container is shut all the way.
- Depending on how dirty they are, let each component soak for at least 30 or up to an hour.
- It's time to mix things up after they've been soaking for a while. Holding the glass or other items in the bag, shake ferociously enough that the salt will literally scrape the caked-on resin off the outside and inside of the items.
- You can leave the nectar collection component in the solution for a longer period of time and shake often until you're happy if a vigorous shaking doesn't completely remove the resin.
- When you are happy with the results, rinse the body, tip, and mouthpiece with water and repeat the procedure as necessary.
With a nectar collector, dab away.
Now that you are an excellent nectar collector, it's time to invest in the right dab straw and start getting high at home and elsewhere.
There are countless options. Your dab rig collection would benefit greatly from the inclusion of a nectar collector.
Here is a list of the Top Rated Nectar Collectors
Read More About How The Different Dab Wax are Available HERE