There is a reason why the Lookah Seahorse Pro won the 2020 awards for impeccable design. It uses a quartz coil instead of a ceramic one to provide you the purest taste. Additionally, it also fits all 510 cartridges for you to smoke oil through it as well.
That being said with great design and innovation comes a greater deal of questions. So, what are some of the frequently asked questions behind the Lookah Seahorse?
Lookah Seahorse (FAQ) Frequently Asked Questions
Being a product that is pretty much ahead of the curve, it is rather obvious to have questions regarding usage and other intricacies. Here are some of the ones that we have already answered for you, so you don’t have to look elsewhere.
As stated, the Lookah Seahorse is truly revolutionary. Think about it, a dab pen where you can smoke using both the mouthpiece end and the cartridge end? Where are you gifted with the utility of a quartz coil instead of ceramic? Take our money!
In that regard, there are obvious queries regarding maintenance and cleaning. Here are some of them.
How Do I Clean the Seahorse?
Cleaning the Seahorse is as simple as its design is. Lookah has ensured through its innovation that not only do you get the best taste and extract while you smoke, but it also takes a negligible toll on your Seahorse.
Either way, cleaning is essential to ensure both effectiveness and longevity, and this is how you do it. You will obviously need a syringe of sorts. This is quintessential to ensure proper channeling and reach of the isopropyl alcohol that you will be using, as mentioned later.
- First, you have to remove the coil (or heating tip, as you might call it). This is required in order to get greater access to the chamber, for more effective cleaning obviously.
- Use the aforementioned syringe to eject some isopropyl alcohol through the mouthpiece. Be very cautious as you would only want to eject some alcohol in bits and drops.
- In order to ensure greater seepage and effectiveness of cleaning, keep your Seahorse upright or in a vertical stand. The drops of alcohol that you have applied should ideally let it get through to the deeper elements of the chamber here.
- Use a pipe-cleaner or a Q-tip to ensure more effective and targeted cleaning. Pass it through the mouthpiece and ensure that you clean it thoroughly.
- Now you can either use some warm water in squirts to remove the excess alcohol from the device, or use absorbing papers to do the same. You are the monarch of all you survey.
Button Stopped Working
Being an electrical device, it may just be the case that your button stopped working. Fret not, for the solution to this is simpler than the usability (which, by the way, was every novice’s delight already). Here is what you ought to do if your Seahorse’s button stops working.
- Firstly, try to see if the button is clickable in the first place. Ideally, you should be able to feel a click when you press it. While this sounds like a banality of sorts, making sure that the basic checkpoints are cleared is important.
- You should also try to click the power button about five times in quick succession. This is to ensure that your device is capable of being turned on / off. After you click in the said pattern, your indicator should flash three times.
- If your indicator did not flash, then try charging your device first. It might just be the case that your device has run out of juice. Once done with charging, press the power button five times again. Press and hold the power button to see if the coil gets hot.
Flashing Yellow Light
If there is a flashing yellow light, there might just be an electrical error. Depending on the frequency of the said flashing, it can be either an open circuit error or a short circuit one. Either way, the fixes, and workarounds are pretty easy to understand.
Flashing of the yellow light five times indicates an open circuit issue. This might be the case if the tip of your cartridge is too tightly bound, or too loosely. Additionally, you can try doing this too.
- Rotating it anticlockwise, unscrew and remove the coil; use a Q-tip and some alcohol to remove excess dirt or the likes of the same around.
- Replace and screw it back. See if it works now.
- Ideally, your problem should be resolved by now. If that isn’t the case, then you can also consider replacing your coil altogether.
Flashing of the yellow light ten times simply indicates a short-circuit issue. In this case:
- Unscrew and take off the coil. As stated before, anticlockwise is the way to go.
- Clean the inner and 510 thread aspects of the device thoroughly and then screw it back.
- Turn on the device to see if it is in pristine condition or not. If it is still not working, then consider changing the coil for greater and maximum utility.
Flashing Red Light
This is actually simpler to comprehend than the yellows. Flashing of the red light indicates that there is a lack of power in your device now. This is much easier to solve and requires no brainstorming at all.
- Simply power or charge your device for about two hours or so. Ensure that you can see the LED light while your device is charging.
- In that regard, keep in mind that you cannot use the device while it is charging. Why not let it refill to its full potential before you can enjoy it cyclically, isn’t it?
- Remember to turn off the device while it is charging. Press the power button five times or so to ensure this.
- After your device is charged, turn it back on and enjoy!
Flashing Blue Light
If you see a blue light while powering your device on, there might be an overload issue. This is pretty simple to solve, though.
- Unscrew and take off the coil. Clean the inner and 510 thread aspects of the device thoroughly, and then screw it back.
- You have to be careful about screwing it back appropriately into place. If it is not the case, you will get a circuit error message.
- Screw the coil back appropriately.
- Turn on the device to see if it is working now.
Can’t Be Charged
If your Seahorse Max or Pro is unable to receive power, do the following.
- Most importantly, see if your indicators are working or not. If it is, then observe the kind of light being flashed.
- Additionally, see if there are any charging or circuit problems. You can simply observe the USB ports or the charging ports to make a valid analysis.
- If your charging port appears to be dry, use some good ‘ol isopropyl to clean the said ports.
- If it is still not working, try a separate charging lead and socket. This should ideally solve your charging problems.
How to Use with 510 Thread Cartridge
With the Lookah Seahorse, you are bestowed with great modularity; in this regard, being able to use it with the 510-thread cartridge too. This is how you do the honors.
- You need to be very cautious and ensure that the cartridge tip is not hot. While this might not sound intuitive, it is important for you to be ever-so-cautious.
- Unscrew the tip and insert the 510-Thread cartridge.
- After this, you can turn on the seahorse pro and vape from the mouthpiece; you need to press the button as you do so to vaporize the content of your cartridge, as shown here.
Continuing the idea of modularity, the Lookah Seahorse comes packed with a plethora of purchasable accessories. What makes a good product great are the after-sales services, customer support, and in this case, a multitude of accessories.
If you browse thoroughly, you will be able to find atomizers, coils, glass tubes, and many more things. Shop away all you like, for you will be left wanting for more!
As stated earlier, the reason why the Lookah Seahorse is hailed in such high regard is because of the innovative coil technology used. Moreover, there are a couple of variants here too, as mentioned below.
While it might be a tad sensitive, the quartz coils are quintessential for the vaping connoisseur. If you are in a quest to get the best taste out of your Lookah Seahorse, you can blindly trust the quartz coil variant.
There are two things you need to keep in mind with regards to the quartz tip, though. First, ensure that fully burn all the concentrates with each dab; and secondly, avoid cleaning it with the brush or any other solvents.
The ceramic tips are the epitome of durability, and can easily withstand higher temperatures or so. As with the quartz tip, here too you need to ensure fully burning the concentrates without leaving any behind.
What’s the Difference?
Barring the obvious difference in choice of material, the use-cases and application of both the coils are varied too. While these are mostly attributed to their chemical natures, there is a pretty simple use-case here.
If you want a better taste, go for the quartz coil variant, (almost) blindly. If you want more durability, quicker heating, and being able to bear greater durations of temperature, go for the ceramic one. Also, you might be seeking greater smoke too—in which case the ceramic would again make more sense.
At the end of the day, it’s a difference of taste vs easier heating. Safe to state, you’ll be left satisfied either way.