Looking to get a silicone nectar collector so that you can maintain your peace of mind? Fans of dabbing know the many benefits that come with using a dab rig. Their large bodies and complex filtration systems allow users to get cool, clean hits off of their wax concentrates. The downside? Dab rigs are made of glass, which already spells disaster for someone who has a tendency to be a bit more clumsy with their tools. Of course, that does not mean that you can’t enjoy vaping without having to worry about breaking your products. One great solution to the problem of constantly breaking glass pieces is using a tool like a silicone nectar collector.
What Is a Silicone Nectar Collector
A nectar collector is a tool that is used for dabbing. Unlike other products, the nectar collector offers a seamless, portable dabbing experience. While other nectar collector kits like those made of electronic parts or those made entirely out of glass have the potential to break, silicone nectar collectors offer the added protection that comes with the flexibility and durability of silicone. Put simply, if you know that there are going to be plenty of situations in which you may break a glass piece. Choosing one made out of a silicone body may be the best choice for you.
A silicone nectar collector kit features a more basic design than its counterparts. Consisting of a nail and the body, all you have to do is put it together, fill it with a bit of water, and torch it up! This simplicity is what makes the nectar collector such a joy to use, especially if you have one that is practically unbreakable and perfect for travel.
Silicone nectar collectors come with benefits that may not be offered by collector designs. Some of these benefits include:
- More Colorful Designs: Silicone products often provide users with more colorful patterns and bodies. This holds true for silicone nectar collectors. If you want something that is both useful and awesome to look at, you are guaranteed to find a nectar collector that will meet your dabbing needs and your style.
- Easy to Clean: For the most part, you have to be careful when you are cleaning an electronic dab straw or a glass dab straw. With a silicone nectar collector, you could easily just pop it in the dishwasher for a quick rinse. Gone are the days of having to worry about potentially ruining your dab tools.
- Hard to Break: Although you could potentially tear or otherwise ruin your silicone, you are going to have a much harder time doing this than you would with a glass or electronic nectar collector. This makes it the perfect product for those who have a track record of breaking their smoking and vaping materials.
- Easy to Use and Perfect for When You Are on the Go: Dab rigs are notoriously difficult to set up and use. Nectar collectors simplify the process, giving you the ability to take a quick hit wherever you may be.
- Cheaper Than Other Dab Straw Products: Silicone products are the cheapest out of all of the dab straw offerings. If you want to try out the experience and invest in a product that will last, you will find plenty of affordable silicone nectar collectors on the market.
Are Silicone Nectar Collectors Safe?
Many people worry about the safety of smoking from silicone tools due to the material. Can silicone melt? Does silicone release any harmful gasses that you may be inhaling when you dab?
While the taste may be different, silicone nectar collectors are safe to dab from. As long as you avoid putting direct heat on the silicone itself, their bodies have high melting points. They are made of good quality. That said, it is important that you buy from a reputable vendor so that you avoid taking hits from a sub-par product that could potentially be bad for your health.
How to Clean a Silicone Nectar Collector
All you have to do to clean your nectar collector is to take apart the pieces and soak them in an isopropyl alcohol solution or even use just soap and water to clean them out. The more often you clean, the less residue will build up. However, if you do find that there is gunk on the inside of your nectar collector, you can take a brush or a Q-tip and take it off after your dab straw has properly soaked.
How to Use a Nectar Collector Silicone Kit
Using a nectar collector silicone kit is a quick, seamless process. Place the tip into the nectar collector’s body, fill it with some water, heat the tip of the nail, dip into your concentrates, and inhale! When you’re done, make sure to let the silicone nectar collector rest on its side until it is cool enough to put away.
Nectar collectors are great for portable dabs, but they are not necessary for everyone. If you want something safe and easy to use, use this article to learn more about silicone nectar collectors and why you should add it to your personal dabbing collection.